Quick & Easy Burritos
If you’ve pre-made your brown rice or are using microwavable steamed rice, this should take about 10 minutes to put together.
You also don’t have to use a wrap. This easy and breezy recipe is also great as a burrito bowl.
8 collard greens with the bottom steams removed or 4 Ezekiel spouted tortillas.
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 (16-oz) can oil-free, refried beans
2 cups chopped leafy greens ( I used romaine)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup cubed mango
- OR 3 cups pre-prepared frozen veggies + mango, thawed
3/4 cup of your favorite salsa
Handful of cilantro and/or sliced scallions
Makes 3-4 Burritos
Time: 10 minutes
- If using collard greens as the wrap, place a tsp of water on a plate and then place two collard wraps on top of the plate with the round leaf of each pulled towards the opposite ends of the plate. Microwave for 40 seconds, set aside and do this for the remaining collard greens.
- Heat the refried beans on a stove top at medium heat for 3-5 minutes or in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- On a clean cutting board lay out your 2 collard greens (leafy round sides at opposite ends) or your sprouted tortilla. Layer on rice, beans, leafy greens, veggies + mango, salsa, and cilantro/scallions.
- Fold up the ends of the wrap and then roll in, long length wise. If you need a visual for folding up a burrito, here is a video.
- If you are making more than one burrito, repeat steps 3 & 4 with the remaining ingredients. Enjoy!
- Ezekiel spouted tortillas can be found in the frozen section of most grocery stores. You could also use corn tortillas (they are usually oil-free).
- If you want, you could make your own refried beans by simply draining a can of beans of your choice and partially blending them in a food processor. Just be warned that this will add more time to your burrito making.
- I love mango, so I add them to my burritos whenever possible, but you can leave it out.
- Don’t like rice? You can also used cooked and diced potatoes or omit the wrap and put it all on top of a baked potato.