This winter, I’ve been enjoying Yoga with Adriene videos. They are awesome!
Naturally, I was intrigued by Adriene’s yogi tea video. It was a fantastic video, but the recipe included hours of boiling time and a long list of ingredients. womp. womp.
Here is a very modified mushroom-flavored version of yogi tea, which requires only 3 ingredients and 10 -15 minutes of seep time.
2 1/2 cups boiling water
1-inch piece of ginger
1 dried shiitake mushroom
8-10 whole peppercorns
Active Time: 3 minutes
Seeping Time: 10-15
- While your water is coming to a boil, cut the ginger into slices (no need to remove the skin) and the dried shittake mushroom into pieces.
- Place a large tea strainer into the top of your favorite mug and add the ginger, mushroom, and peppercorns.
- Pour the boiling water into your mug and through the tea strainer and let seep for 10 – 15 minutes.
- The longer you steep, the stronger your tea will be. usually sip my tea after 10 minutes and then put the strainer back in if needed.
- You can add a bit of lemon juice if you like a nice refreshing citrus flavor.
- You can usually get dried shiitake mushrooms for cheap at Asian grocery stores.