Pumpkin Spice Muffins
These are great for Halloween, Thanksgiving, or any day that comes before or after.
The ingredient list looks long, but these are actually very easy to make.
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry or oat flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 -1/2 cup raw sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 (15-oz) can of canned pumpkin
1/2 cup nondairy milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp applesauce
2 Tbsp molasses
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins, chopped walnuts, and/or chocolate chips (optional)
Makes 12 Muffins
Active Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Baking Time: 27 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a muffin tin with paper or silicon cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices until well combined and then form a well in the center.
- Add the canned pumpkin, milk, apple cider vinegar, applesauce, molasses, and vanilla extract to the center of the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Gently fold in the raisins, walnuts, and/or chocolate chips, if using. If
- Fill the muffin tins three-quarters full. If you’d like to add an extra dose of adorableness, sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a few oats.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick or fork inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for a few minutes before eating or serving.
- Feel free to play around with the amount of sugar. I don’t like my muffins too sweet, so I tend to stick with about 1/4 cup, but if you prefer sweeter muffins, feel free to add another quarter cup.