Tofu & Greens Bowl with Curry Sauce
This tofu & greens bowl with curry sauce is a delight. It is also easy to put together for when you’re feeling rushed during the week.
If you are not a fan of tofu, feel free to swap it out for cubed potatoes. It’ll still taste great.
14 oz extra firm tofu, cubed
Salt & pepper to taste
1 bunch kale, chopped
Cilantro or scallions (for garnish)
4 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup water
1/2 cup chickpeas
1 Tbsp curry powder
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 Tbsp tamari
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp sriracha
Makes 12-14 Burgers
Active Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 36 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Spread the cubed tofu on the baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the tofu looks crispy.
- While the tofu is baking, combine all the curry sauce ingredients together in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Heat the curry sauce in a medium-sized saucepan until thoroughly warmed. Steam the kale in a steaming apparatus or boil in hot water for 3-5 minutes.
- Layer bowl with rice, tofu, steamed veggies, and curry sauce. Garnish with cilantro or scallions.
- If you are opting out of tofu, follow the same directions, but use 3-4 potatoes instead of tofu and omit the rice.