It’s been a tradition of my mom and I to sit on the floor together with big bowls of salad, nachos, and “cheesy” sauce while watching Downton Abbey.
I don’t know how this became our tradition because nachos have nothing to do with 18th century England, but it is a magical experience.
Cheers to eating nacho bowl with your bestie!
1 (15 oz) can cannelloni beans or other light colored bean
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1 1/2 cup nondairy milk
1 /2 Tbsp tomato paste or ketchup
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 Tbsp yellow miso
4-6 corn tortillas
1 bunch of lettuce, chopped
1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cup frozen corn, dethawed
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
4 green onions, sliced
hot sauce (optional)
Active Time: 10-15 minutes
Baking/Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- Cut the tortillas into triangles or keep them whole and lay flat on the baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crispy.
- In a food processor, blend together all of the ingredients for the “cheesy” sauce.
- Heat the “cheesy” sauce over medium heat on a stove top for about 3-5 minutes or until sauce comes to a near boil.
- Add lettuce, black beans, corn, and tomato halves to a salad bowl. Add the tortilla chips to the top or crumble the whole crisp tortillas on the top of the salad. Drizzle with the “cheesy” sauce on top and top with sliced green onions.